The definition of STUFF is to pack or fill completely; cram. I found this interesting because people in general cram their life up with stuff because they feel empty and then want to judge everyone else by all the stuff they have....now i know I don't have to tell you what you are suppose to be filling that emptiness up with but I will give you a hint.. it's not STUFF!
Okay so life has been getting too complicated with STUFF. What do I mean by STUFF...well I admit I like to shop and I am frugal to a point but there is just all this STUFF.
STUFF = distractions (TV, computers, sales), unnecessary wants/ "needs"(I want a bigger house but don't really need one, since it is on sale I must buy it). Yada Yada Yada ... you get my point.
Okay so life has been getting too complicated with STUFF. What do I mean by STUFF...well I admit I like to shop and I am frugal to a point but there is just all this STUFF.
STUFF = distractions (TV, computers, sales), unnecessary wants/ "needs"(I want a bigger house but don't really need one, since it is on sale I must buy it). Yada Yada Yada ... you get my point.
So after discussing with A I have challenged myself not to buy anything new, with a few exceptions such as groceries, and try not to buy anything at all unless absolutely necessary but buy used. Now that means changing my entire thinking on life and the STUFF that is involved.
So now I am getting serious about coupons too. I admit I hate coupons, it is time consuming, need to learn the ins and outs of it, print them....blah blah blah. It is amazing how blogs have made the process pretty easy. Have you seen all the FREE STUFF companies give away too. It is unbelievable and I am anticipating all the free STUFF that will be arriving in my mail box in the next few weeks, all necessary STUFF of course and it makes me feel like I am shopping! =)
My mind is bursting with things that need to change, things to sell and get rid of, raising my children to appreciate God and the life He has given us not the STUFF in it! Yes we have three cars but I am working on that one too. =) All this STUFF is keeping that message from getting to my children and they are too young now but soon they will start the same cycle of wanting STUFF.
I have so much stuff that is unnecessary that I am ashamed of it... for wanting it and buying it. Now to get rid of some of it....we shall see how that goes... maybe make a little money on the way of getting rid of some of the STUFF.
I think getting back to simplicity is key to raising my children, nurturing my amazing relationship with my husband, but most importantly de-cluttering my relationship with God. All this STUFF gets in the way of that.
Lu is starting school soon, P is starting pre-school soon so my agenda is to start de-cluttering my life and my families life since I will have a little more time on my hands and of course enjoying some alone time with G.
Another goal is to save as much money as possible. We and I mean A is a saver (Big Time). It is one of the things I love about him and glad that he is so diligent with it because my children will have college money and we will have a good retirement (good Lord willing), etc.... Now I need to be on board completely with both feet instead of just one! I think I just heard him breath a sigh of relief.
Today I went and got my fishing license....I am determined to get my children in nature as much as possible and appreciate the simple things. I had the girls go through and slim down their toys and was not surprised at how willing they were to give to charity.
I also have started dwindling down T.V. time. I have always been picky about it but now I want no television at all through the week and just occasion on the weekend. This is not happening cold turkey and I did not expect it too but our first week I managed to cut out three solid days of no TV. It was not missed and I felt there was more quality time with my kids.
We also have decided to have a staycation this month instead of going to the beach. A is taking a week off to enjoy all the free stuff the city offers and all the free stuff nature offers. I know my children will be glad to not have a long travel destination, to sleep in beds other than our own, and completely get off schedule to where everyone is cranky. So it should be a nice relaxing staycation and I am looking forward to it.
So far the changes of STUFF that have been made have not had any negative impact what so ever. SO I plan to trudge forward...I will definitely have my moments of relapse because it is the easy way and only natural but I plan to try like crazy until it seems that there is no other way to live life but with less STUFF.
So now I am getting serious about coupons too. I admit I hate coupons, it is time consuming, need to learn the ins and outs of it, print them....blah blah blah. It is amazing how blogs have made the process pretty easy. Have you seen all the FREE STUFF companies give away too. It is unbelievable and I am anticipating all the free STUFF that will be arriving in my mail box in the next few weeks, all necessary STUFF of course and it makes me feel like I am shopping! =)
My mind is bursting with things that need to change, things to sell and get rid of, raising my children to appreciate God and the life He has given us not the STUFF in it! Yes we have three cars but I am working on that one too. =) All this STUFF is keeping that message from getting to my children and they are too young now but soon they will start the same cycle of wanting STUFF.
I have so much stuff that is unnecessary that I am ashamed of it... for wanting it and buying it. Now to get rid of some of it....we shall see how that goes... maybe make a little money on the way of getting rid of some of the STUFF.
I think getting back to simplicity is key to raising my children, nurturing my amazing relationship with my husband, but most importantly de-cluttering my relationship with God. All this STUFF gets in the way of that.
Lu is starting school soon, P is starting pre-school soon so my agenda is to start de-cluttering my life and my families life since I will have a little more time on my hands and of course enjoying some alone time with G.
Another goal is to save as much money as possible. We and I mean A is a saver (Big Time). It is one of the things I love about him and glad that he is so diligent with it because my children will have college money and we will have a good retirement (good Lord willing), etc.... Now I need to be on board completely with both feet instead of just one! I think I just heard him breath a sigh of relief.
Today I went and got my fishing license....I am determined to get my children in nature as much as possible and appreciate the simple things. I had the girls go through and slim down their toys and was not surprised at how willing they were to give to charity.
I also have started dwindling down T.V. time. I have always been picky about it but now I want no television at all through the week and just occasion on the weekend. This is not happening cold turkey and I did not expect it too but our first week I managed to cut out three solid days of no TV. It was not missed and I felt there was more quality time with my kids.
We also have decided to have a staycation this month instead of going to the beach. A is taking a week off to enjoy all the free stuff the city offers and all the free stuff nature offers. I know my children will be glad to not have a long travel destination, to sleep in beds other than our own, and completely get off schedule to where everyone is cranky. So it should be a nice relaxing staycation and I am looking forward to it.
So far the changes of STUFF that have been made have not had any negative impact what so ever. SO I plan to trudge forward...I will definitely have my moments of relapse because it is the easy way and only natural but I plan to try like crazy until it seems that there is no other way to live life but with less STUFF.




No comments:
Post a Comment