Our Sunday School teacher has been teaching about a biblical marriage between a man and women. I am sad to say that when he said turn to Song of Songs I did not know where it was located in the bible. I have not spent anytime in this book but yet it was very captivating to me.
Song of Songs is one of the shortest books in the bible and is very poetic realtionship between God and Isreal as husband and wife. Literally, however, the main characters of the Song are simply a woman and a man.
If you get a moment I hightly recommend spending some time in this book, also see
1 Corinthians 7:1-40. As we have gone through these lessons he did say something that has spoke to me greatly, which I fall short of at times.... Marriage is not 50/50 realtionship but giving 100% all the time. It is who can out do each other and for each other. I also have to admit that Anthony is so much better at this than I am. There are several books out there that were recommended: Divorce Proof your Marriage by Gary & Barbara & Sex Begins in the Kitchen by Kevin Leman. He also said something interesting about how we are the meanest to the people that are the closest to us and the nicest to complete strangers. Not that we are suppose to be mean to complete strangers but you get the idea.
http://www.fourmilab.ch/etexts/www/Bible/Song_of_Solomon.html
http://lifestrategies.thingseternal.com/relationships/married/marriage.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Great thoughts! I also love your hair! Hope you are having a great week!
Great reminders for all of us...it is very easy to get so busy with our lives that we forget that a marriage has to be nurtured. Thanks!
Alexis and I have been studying the bible with regards to marriage. It's a great way to connect and reflect on the day to day. Love the links and the info. Thanks!
<3 Christina
Post a Comment