Thursday, March 5, 2009

Had to Share....

So I know I just updated but I had to post what Lula said today. We are trying to talk about God often to the girls and teaching them scripture. So I pick Lu up from school and we get on a conversation about God. She ask me if He looks like us? So I tell her that God is a Spirit, He is always around us, and does not have a fleshly body like hers and mine. When I said this I pointed to my chest and Lula looks at me very seriously and says "What God doesn't have boobies?" It was too cute and I just had to share. Here I am thinking what a deep question and so I was trying to really put it on a level she can understand but apparently I did a poor job of getting it across to her.

I also wanted to ask any of you who read the blog about a book called The Children's Catechism. Have any of you ever heard, read, or know someone who has used this with their children? I was thinking about trying it out.

Below I posted two pictures of the girls. Phoebe jumping off the furniture onto her daddy's lap, her favorite thing to do. In the pic she is mid-air.
Lula started back to gymnastics this week and loves it. She is on the balance beem with her coach in this pic.

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Lula is full of good questions! :) I also love the pic of Pheeb's in mid air. What a shot!!

Shana Stringer said...

I am sure Josh will read this and reply. I haven't read that book, but here at Southern they talk about teaching children Christian Catechisms. That is supposed to be a really good way to teach your children. Obviously, I have no experience with that either. Just know some of the professors endorse that kind of thing. Hopefully Josh will give you better wisdom on this then I.

Amy said...

Everytime I check on ya'll (which I am sorry to say I am not good at keeping up with all my blogs since I started work) you have a new theme!! =-) Hope you are all doing great!! Can not believe how quick they are growing up (including mine!!)

Love ya,

A

Isabella's Mommy.... said...

my goodness, i need to catch up. i feel like i've missed a ton of posts!! what a cute story. this is one of those stories you will always remember about her and smile ;-)

The Shadburn Family said...

Kids say the darnest things!

We used a Catechism at church for a while. I think it's a great way to teach truths. Memorization is a great way to drive points across.

Jennifer said...

Hey, Tessa! Here are a few links to CCMA website with what we have done. Send me an e-mail and I'll share more. I'm not sure if I have your correct (safe) e-mail address.


http://christchurchchildren.blogspot.com/2008/08/catechism-corner.html

http://christchurchchildren.blogspot.com/2007/01/abc-memory-verses-for-2007.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Web Site Visitor Counters